Childrens Dental Care
Get your children off to a happy start.
Children’s Dental Care is important because it helps your child develop good oral habits from an early age. Brushing teeth twice a day is a great foundation, but we also recommend children regularly visit a dentist from the age of 2, or 6 months after their first teeth poke through, whichever comes first.
There are a range of reasons that make early children’s dental visits a good idea.
Firstly, by seeing our friendly, caring children’s dentists early, when there are no dental issues, your child will feel more relaxed during subsequent visits. If the first visit is due to dental problems, they might learn to associate the dentist with pain and discomfort. Dental anxiety is a genuine problem that affects many adults and causes them to go without necessary dental treatment. Allow your child to see that the dentist doesn’t have to be a bad experience right from the start.
Secondly, it allows us to assess and monitor the growth and development of your child’s teeth and jaw. Some problems like crooked teeth or a misaligned bite can be minimised by careful monitoring of the dental area as teeth come through.
Thirdly, we can encourage and show your child how to develop good oral health care habits in a fun and exciting way.
And finally, we can help to prevent children’s cavities through regular professional cleaning, fluoride treatments, and preventative fissure sealing for the hard-to-reach grooves in back teeth.
We make it easier for your child to have regular dental checkups:
- We work gently and take breaks as your child needs them
- We make oral health education fun and exciting
- We use the latest technologies to make sure any procedures are pain free
- We bulk bill for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- We are a Bupa Member Preferred dentist, offering No Gap Kids Dental.*
* Available on selected Extras Covers, when taken with hospital cover on a family membership. When treatment is provided by a Members First dentist. Includes Major Dental in VIC and SA only. Excludes orthodontics and hospital treatments. Dental fund rules, waiting periods and annual maximums apply. Child dependants only.